The monthly tennis coaching for all deaf children aged 3-14 at the Gosling Sports Park has gone from strength to strength, we now have an average of 30 deaf kids of all ages participating.
The next session is on Saturday September 7th from 10.30-12pm. The sessions are coached by both deaf and hearing coaches.
We are delighted and excited to announce that we have a new deaf coach working with us on September 7th – Cathy Fletcher! Cathy is the new National Deaf Coach, who also represented Great Britain at the recent Deaflympics in Sofia. Cathy won a Gold medal in the 2009 Deaflympics in mixed doubles and is a National Deaf Champion many times over. Check out her impressive international profile page – http://www.deaflympics.com/athletes.asp?12852
– The 3-5 age group will start at 11am and finish at 12pm.
– The 6-14 age group will start at 10.30am and finish at 12pm.
– ALL kids in the 3-5 age group must be accompanied by a parent/adult.
– Please provide your kids with a water bottle to take on the court as the sessions are quite active!
– Please ensure you pay £3 (per child) for the session on arrival at the Gosling Sports Park reception.
– We will always be using the indoor courts, so the sessions are on regardless of the weather!
If you want to register your child, or have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Nick Beese on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have already registered with us, there is no need to confirm your place – just turn up!
Please share/send this onto any families or groups with deaf kids! Thanks!
The sessions are being organised by Deaf Parents Deaf Children, in partnership with the British Deaf Tennis Association (BDTA), the Tennis Foundation and Gosling Sports Park.
Address: Gosling Sports Park, Stanborough Road, Welwyn Garden City, Herts AL8 6XE
Venue website: http://www.goslingsports.co.uk/
British Deaf Tennis on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BritishDeafTennisAssociation